Friday, July 08, 2005

Influence

I've definitely learned something about influence this week!

In how much someone can influence another's life in a positive way.

My goal from the beginning of writing my series has been to make a positive difference in someone's life. A thank you card today from a fan confirmed that the message in my stories and the attitude of my actions & words are being heard. And being around a young lady currently staying with us, being a good example and watching her read my first book, really has made me aware of influence. For both of these ladies, I hope they realize their full potential and never back down from their dreams!

And there's so many I'd like to reach! Like the alien in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who flies around insulting everyone, I'd like to go around and tell every person that they are a wonderful person, capable of accomplishing every goal. That kind of influence might take time, but it would be so worth it to see the light return to someone's eyes as they begin to believe in themselves again! I still have several people I continue to work on every day!

Who has influenced you recently? Who has made a difference, has believed in you no matter what?

And whose life are you touching?

The most important law for becoming influential is having a positve attitude. - Tony Zeiss

No comments: