Monday, January 22, 2007

An Effective Website

I'm amazed how many authors I meet that do not have a very good website. Quite a few use a free site and have odd web addresses as a result. Some don't have one at all!

The two books I am rereading right now, "The Web-Savvy Writer" by Patrice-Anne Rutledge and "Take the Mystery Out of Promoting Your Book" by P.M. Terrell, both emphasize the importance of a website. Every author must have an online source for their information, both for fans and the media. I've got a press room on my site, with everything in my press kit available for media, libraries, book stores, etc. The only thing I have yet to add is an audio feed.

Not knowing html is no excuse, either. I know very little about html! I simply found a webbuilder that was easy to learn and versatile enough for what I needed. And it's very easy to update - something I do at least once a week!

Guess that's the difference between those who make it and those who don't, huh?


"Always go the extra mile."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very true. I believe the professionalism of the authors website, shows how serious he is about his work.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for your comment.