Friday, December 18, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different!

Mr Mousebender: And I thought to myself, "A little fermented curd will do the trick," so, I curtailed my Walpoling activities, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles.
Henry Wenslydale: Come again?
Mr Mousebender: I want to buy some cheese!

* BOOK NEWS *

Crystal helps us out with prepositions! Crystal Clear Proofing

Teens Read Too’s new blog has a huge list of authors scheduled to visit in 2010 - Teens Read Too Book Club

Twilight - LOL Cats style! Microsuede

Helen pointed out this article comparing E-Book Readers - PCMag

Church Bloopers from Books We Love Daily

How to use Skype as an author - Writers in the Sky Podcast

Elizabeth Spann Craig had a guest post about publishing at A Good Blog is Hard to Find

Carolyn at Sharing with Writers had two good posts - BooksForFilm.com & Utilize Your Associations

And Tony talks about Can-Spam - Marketing Tips For Authors

Plus I received a surprise email from a reporter this week:

Hi Diane,
Saw your post from last month re the impending Waldenbooks closings when I was researching this article Huffington Post and enjoyed reading through some of your blog. Thought you'd like to know about the campaign that some employees have helped organize to ensure unsold books don't get trashed when the liquidation sales are over.
Take care,
Erik Ose, Chapel Hill

See, you never know who might be reading your blog!

* MOVIE REVIEW *

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
This was a NetFlix rental and going into it I knew to maintain low expectations - and I'm glad I did! It's not really bad - okay, some of the dialogue will make you chuckle - just forgetable. Special effects kinda cool. Watching the Eiffel Tower go down was wild. As a party rental, it's fun. (We had some friends over for pizza that night, which helped!) Otherwise, not really deep or memorable.
Rating - C

I will be seeing Avatar this afternoon, so look for a review of the James Cameron film REALLY soon!

* PHOTO OF THE DAY *

Hey, who is that in the reflection...?


Merry Christmas Everyone!

15 comments:

Creative Chronicler said...

That Microsuede post was hysterical!! I'm sure better than the real movie.Thanks for sharing the great links!

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

What a nice pat on the back that email had to be. Now I'd like to know what the employees are doing to ensure the books don't get trashed.

Great photo, also. Now I must go check out the links.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Jane, it was a wonderful surprise!

And is the LOL Cats Twilight not hysterical, CC? I about died when I saw it...

The Old Silly said...

Great list as usual - I really want to check out the GI Joe movie, too.

Marvin D Wilson

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Great links!! And thanks for the plug, Diane.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Helen Ginger said...

You always have great links.

I need to get tickets to Avatar. For some reason, I thought it wasn't coming out until Christmas day.

Helen
Straight From Hel

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Marvin, leave your brain at the door, and you'll probably enjoy it!

Jemi Fraser said...

Great links! Lots of good stuff in there. Thanks :)

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

Diane, thank you for including in your blog two of the resources I posted on my blog. Love your carnivals. Always great for writers.

And love your Christmas photo. Just great.

Carolyn
Tweeting writing tips @FrugalBookPromo

Anonymous said...

AS usual, awesome post. And can't wait for your Avatar review.
Terry Lynn Johnson
http://terrylynnjohnson.blogspot.com

Bob Sanchez said...

Great photo, Diane!

Bob Sanchez
http://bobsanchez1.blogspot.com

JournoMich said...

Very interesting! Especially Skype and the reporter! Thanks for sharing!

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I always nejoy putting Friday's spot together!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Twilight cats was great.
And I'm telling you now - Avatar rocked!

Cat Connor said...

Funnily enough I had a hankering to see the 'Cheese shop sketch' yesterday!

:-)